Please note Townmead Recycling Centre will be included in Transport for London's expanded Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) from 25 October 2021. Vehicles will either need to meet the ULEZ emissions standards, or pay a £12.50 daily charge when entering the expanded zone. Check your vehicle https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ulez-expansion on the TfL website and for more information see Richmond Council's Ultra Low Emission Zone expansion https://www.richmond.gov.uk/services/roads_and_transport/ultra_low_emission_zone_expansion webpage.
This booking system is provided by West London Waste Authority on behalf of Richmond Council.
If you have any issues with booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you visit
No manual handling assistance is available. If you cannot lift what you have brought, you will need to take it home. You can book a bulky waste collection from your home instead.
The centre is accessible for those using cars, bicycles, motorcycles, bikes and small vans. Pedestrians are not permitted.
Ensure you have read the site Covid-19 safety guidance so you are familiar with precautions.
Changes to your booking
You are now able to amend time and date on your booking. Please use the modify link in your email or click here.
You can cancel your booking here. You must cancel if you are unable to attend.
When you arrive
Have your booking reference to hand to verify with staff to gain entry.
It is important that strict timeslots are adhered to:
- Cars and bikes (of all types) are only permitted on site for a maximum of 10 minutes
- Vans are only permitted on site for a maximum of 20 minutes
If you arrive more than 10 minutes late your slot will be forfeited, and you will have to rebook.
Strict social distancing measures are in place at Townmead Road HRRC for the safety of both staff and members of the public. You must observe the site rules and the instructions of our staff at all times. If these rules are not followed, you will be asked to leave the site without exceptions.
We have a zero tolerance approach to verbal and physical abuse of our staff.
All who attend the site are required to be aware of government guidelines on social distancing.
- Follow social distancing ground markers to ensure you stay 2 metres apart from others, with the exception of members from your party
- Unload the vehicle yourself – no manual handling assistance will be available. For other help, please stand by your vehicle and raise your hand.
- Number of vehicles time limits per visit will be strictly enforced on site. The limit starts when you have parked up inside the site. Please segregate your waste to make the most use of your limited time on site.
- Only two adults are permitted to leave each vehicle. Children and animals must stay within vehicles at all times.
- Card payments are accepted and we encourage contactless payments for chargeable entries and usage.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit. There are no hand washing facilities on site.
Normal rules are in place for chargeable waste materials and including DIY waste Chargeable waste
For further information, view the Townmead Road FAQs and the
West London Waste Authority terms and conditions.